Effective Date: 9/23/2021
The Archive Site and all related Services are provided by (or on behalf of), Archive Technologies, Inc., a Delaware corporation, and its corporate partners (collectively, “Archive”, “us”, “we”, “our”)
When you visit our Sites, we collect two types of information: personal information you give us and usage information automatically collected as you browse our Sites.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Sites and when you register for and use our Services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our Services or update your profile, we collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; information about your skills and preferences (if you are an influencer); and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Contact Information. We collect the email addresses you provide for contacts you enter or upload into your private contacts page. When you choose to collaborate or share files with others, we also collect email addresses you provide to email invitations to those individuals on your behalf.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Archive account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- Social Media Profile. For certain Services (including Archive.me), you can connect your social media account to your Archive profile. If you do so, we may collect personal information relating to your use of the Service. For example, to help connect you with brands on Archive.me, we collect data such as number of followers, profile description, and your image, depending on the social media service’s API and your security settings for that service. If you continue to authorize us to access your social media data, we will periodically retrieve new data to update your profile.
Information We Collect Automatically. While you visit or use our Sites or Services, certain information, including personal information, is collected about your use of the Sites and Services. Examples include the following:
- Log and Usage Data. When you visit the Sites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and Services, and for the Site’s technical administration.
In addition we may track the photos you like on our site to provide you with better service. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Site. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider. We may link this information with your personal information.
Any or all of these activities with regard to Site usage information may be performed on our behalf by our service providers, including, for example, our analytics vendor(s) and our e-mail management partner(s).
A session cookie enables certain features of the Site and our Services and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies in the following consumer choice mechanisms, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.aboutads.info/) and mobile application-based “AppChoices” download page (https://youradchoices.com/appchoices)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliiance (EDAA)’s consumer opt-out page (http://youronlinechoices.eu)
In the mobile environment, most mobile operating systems offer device-based opt-out choices that are transmitted to companies providing interest-based advertising. To set an opt-out preference for a mobile device identifier (such as Apple’s IDFA or Android’s GAID), visit the device manufacturer’s current choice instructions pages, or read more about sending signals to limit ad tracking for your operating system here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Please note that these settings must be performed on each device (including each web browser on each device) for which you wish to opt-out, and if you clear your cookies or if you use a different browser or device, you will need to renew your opt-out preferences.
You may sign-up to receive emails or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this content, you may update your marketing preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in the emails or toggling off the “Opt-in” button located in your privacy setting page.
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
The purpose for which we process information about you are as follows:
- To operate and improve our Sites and Services and to foster a positive user experience;
- To enable secure use of the Sites and Services;
- To obtain feedback, to conduct market analysis, and to analyze usage of the Sites and Services in order to develop, customize and improve the Sites and Services;
- To publish comments that you make to our publicly accessible blogs;
- To enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
- To send you communications relating to your use of the Service, including, for example, welcoming and confirmation emails; responses to your emails, support inquiries, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; information on updates to services from Archive that better meet your needs; and notification if you win a contest;
- With your consent, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Archive or our partners and for other marketing, informational, and promotional purposes;
- To meet legal obligations;
- To protect our rights and property; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
- where we need it to perform a contract with you;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (including the purposes described above);
- where we need it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- if we otherwise have your consent.
Sharing of Personal Information
- : We may use third party partners to help operate the Site and deliver our features and Services, and may share your information with service providers and other third parties that provide products or Services for or through this Site or for our business (such as Web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
- Third Party Service Providers/Vendors
- : With your consent, we may share your information with business partners whose sites you have submitted content to, in order to allow them to provide you with offers, promotions, products, and services.
- Business Partners
- : If you are an influencer, you may use our Archive.me Service to disclose information to brands (our customers) that may hire you to promote their brands and products based on your skills, demographics, and other attributes published on the Service.
- Our Customers
- : In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, to defend against legal claims, to prevent abuse, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- Legal Compliance and Protection of Rights and Interests
- : We disclose your personal information to affiliated companies related by common ownership or control with Archive to carry out regular business activities.
- : If Archive is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other fundamental corporate transaction, we reserve the right to sell or transfer your information as part of the transaction. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Corporate Transactions
Securing Your Information
Archive is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of personal information. We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. Due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we make no guarantee as to the security of your information or that your information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
We process your personal information for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the data for a longer retention period. We determine the appropriate retention period based on the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your personal information, and after the retention period ends, we will delete or anonymize your personal information. When we are unable to do so for technical reasons, we will ensure that appropriate measures are put in place to prevent any further such use of your personal information.
Third Party Links
Our Sites or Services may contain links to third party websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Your Access and Other Data Subject Rights
We respect your control over your personal information. You may exercise any of the following rights by sending an email with details of your request [email protected].
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identify before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
- Request access to the personal information that we process about you;
- Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you;
- Request deletion of personal information about you;
- Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all personal information about you;
- Request transfer of personal information to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated; and
- Opt-out or object to our use of personal information about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning personal information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at [email protected], so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
The Sites and Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent.
International transfer of information collected
Please be aware that personal information may be transferred, stored, and processed outside of your country, including in the USA. Although we take steps to provide adequate safeguards, the data protection laws in those countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Archive is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
There exists the possibility, under certain conditions, for the individual to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Archive is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including those necessary to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Archive acknowledges the potential liability in cases of onward transfers to third parties of personal information of EU or Swiss individuals received pursuant to Privacy Shield.
Third Party Use Policies
Archive’s use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Contacting the Company